- Commercial and industrial energy audits and assessments
- New construction (or renovation) energy efficacy consulting
- Commissioning (or retro-commissioning)
- IAQ investigations
- Cogeneration feasibility
- HVAC equipment and controls
- Moisture and mold evaluations
- Energy recovery from exhaust
- Industrial energy conservation
- Alternative or renewable energy credits
- Evaluations, studies, and recommendations in:
- Lighting and controls
- Motors and pumps
- Gas-fired technologies and process equipment improvements
- Fans and drives
- Insulation and shell measures
Turner Building Science & Design, LLC. designs cutting-edge ultra high efficiency hybrid solar/geothermal heating and cooling system that can either completely eliminate the use of fossil fuels or reduce fossil fuel consumption by 90% if a peaking boiler is employed. The ultra high efficiency of the system reduces actual energy consumption costs by about 75% making it possible for energy cost savings to pay for most of a financed installation without increasing out of pocket spending. Our purpose is to create the most sustainable, energy efficient, and affordable design that can be implemented for significant reductions in total CO2 and independence from fossil fuels.
Using the advanced Emax™ Hybrid solar/geothermal system, our design approach provides the following principle advantages:
- Closed loop geothermal, no impact on aquifers or surface drainage.
- Utilizes both high and low grade solar energy.
- De-couples up to 90% of energy consumption from erratic market forces.
- Potentially reduces total net CO2 emissions by 68%.
- Potentially reduces overall operating energy costs by 75%.
- Reduces the use of fossil fuels by 90% to 100%.
By far, the two biggest advantages are that the Hybrid system decouples a facility from utility and fuel supply costs and availability, and provides a drastic reduction in total net CO2 into the environment with no potential adverse effects to the groundwater.